Citizen Kane-Orson Welles

Citizen Kane. By far my favorite movie that we have watched this semester. I don’t know what it was about this movie that made me enjoy it so much but I really thought it was amazing. I was excited that we would be watching this movie because I never saw it before and I have heard that this was “the best movie of all time”. I don’t know if I would call it the best movie of all time in my own opinion but I definitely enjoyed it a lot. The entire movie you feel like you’re going to go crazy if you don’t find out what “Rosebud” means.  By the end of the movie you are so relieved to finally know what it means because the ending scene makes you feel like you will never know. I really liked how the entire movie was from different people’s point of view who were associated with Charles Foster Kane. Throughout this movie you watch a simple mans rise to the top and then watch everything crumble around him as his entire life falls. This was a really great movie that I would recommend to anyone I know.

1 Comment so far

1.   Brad Bujan on December 13th, 2010

I enjoyed Citizen Kane as well. It was unique and a good movie though not the greatest/best i’ve seen. The different perspectives you mentioned about people who were closely associated with Kane and how they differed i felt was important. By showing different ways he acted we saw the man he was in business and in his personal life. I liked this movie and would also recommend it to anyone I know who is willing to watch it.